In the Family Proclamation to the World it states, "By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners." When I think of fathers and mothers and their roles I think of how each role is different but equal.
Bruce K. Satterfield, gave a talk and was comparing our hands to couples, said, "Both hands are equal BUT opposite. They were not created to be the same- they were created to be equal partners" As parents you work together, you don't have the same qualities and the same mind traits- so therefore when a man's brain and a woman's brain come together and work together different thoughts and ideas come together and make an ideal "plan". Going back to the hands- they both are different but they work together and create wonderful things.
Sitting in class we were discussing the different traits and roles males and females play. A young lady in the class talked about the minds of male and female. Females have a mind of all thoughts are connected to each other while men have a mind in boxes. They open one box at a time. This was divinely appointed- while men give blessings they are focused on giving the blessings and being the mouthpiece for our Heavenly Father while women can sit there and listen to the blessing while thinking of different things pertained to the blessing.
We cannot flipflop roles we were made like that.
Be grateful for who you are!
Barby!! I have to tell you, I really enjoy reading your blog! Since leaving BYU-Idaho I have missed all the church classes and this blog reminds of them! Thanks for sharing all your insights, I really enjoy them!
ReplyDelete